recent paintings and news

recent paintings and news

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

hello May





What a beautiful May day here in Niagara! If felt so great to be outside working again. 

May days grow almost as quickly as I paint! This wild orchard is still carpeted with dried winter grasses but fresh green forges it’s way through with rapid fervour.




 May, oil on canvas, 18x24in, 2013   available


The lovely thing about working outside this time of year is listening to the riot of birds. There was a corn field behind me, attracting a myriad of flutter from Canada geese to  finches, however my  favourite-the Bobolinks- are back from South America. I don’t know how they synchronize it, but its pretty amazing that every May 1 they appear!

This Orchard is not yet in bloom but little bits were breaking out as I was working.




















 Happy May!

No comments:

Post a Comment