recent paintings and news

recent paintings and news

Monday, July 30, 2012

summer plein air


What a beautiful day!

The summer is breezing by and like most, I’ve been crazy busy. I love teaching but with doing so much of it and along with gallery responsibilities, there hasn’t been much time left to just get out and paint.

Today I finally had a free day and the weather could not have been better for plein air. My painting comrade joined me and we set up under some shady trees and worked uninterrupted.






July, Niagara Escarpment, oil on canvas, 30x36in, 2012, available



I’m  happy with this painting-the warm blue of late summer chickweed and the aptly named Queen Annes Lace floating amidst it always enchanting.

 I also became  interested in the upper part of the painting and in the divisions between here, and there.





Even when I remember to bring my camera  I get so busy with my students in larger groups that I forget to take photos. However I brought it along today and below are a few images 








My friend Dora -her paintings full of robust colour and form!



Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment