recent paintings and news

recent paintings and news

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

transition



Time is so elusive these days...

I did manage to get out for a quick plein air fix


December, remains of the Day, Niagara Escarpment, plein air, oil on canvas, 11x14in, 2012, available

This is worked on top of another failed painting-I enjoy pulling the paint over hardened,  slick texture. I like the resist, and being visceral in approaching some passages.

This past month, I have been transitioning my studio time. I hate these short winter days and we have had so many grey ones here that I can't work as I'd like-even indoors as the natural light in my studio is too dark. So I have been working on some other projects under artificial light and into the night-nothing to show yet but I'm enjoying the different 'head space' I have at this time of day. My right brain is willing to oblige and seems to be more in sync and open to possibilities- at least so far-fingers crossedxxx




No comments:

Post a Comment