recent paintings and news

recent paintings and news

Friday, September 27, 2013

wild bliss



This time of year my indulgence is to eat (gorge on) luscious sweet pears from the wild orchards. I feel so lucky to be able to walk out the door, meander down a path fragrant with harvest, and reach for a sun-warmed pear, biting into juicy bliss!  




The dogs and I have been frequenting one tree at a time-they take the lower branches and me, the rest. I didn’t realize just how much we were consuming until one day our first tree was bereft of pears except for the very top. I thought some deer had visited for a feast. Then it hit me- it was us! Since, we have gone through a few trees -have to ‘get’ while the ‘getting’s good!



 September, wild pears, oil on canvas, plein air,  16x20in 2013, available




No comments:

Post a Comment