recent paintings and news

recent paintings and news

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

cycle



'For me November brings a new cycle of inspiration and tends to be one of my most prolific months.  As I write there are already a couple of ‘Novembers’ waiting on the easel in various states of ‘undress’.'

It's funny that these words, written last November, apply to this one. I am still madly working on some larger studio works (not the same ones). But since the weather is behaving this week, I have managed to sneak out for plein air breaks. They still need some fine tuning so in the meantime, an earlier 'November'-and yes, they are the same trees out of my studio window that you have seen in previous posts.



November, Letting go
oil on canvas
24x36in
Sold

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Jan, good to hear you are busy painting on some large canvases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Caroline-it's just they take so long...I'm getting panicked as i don't think I'll be ready for the big Feb show...

    ReplyDelete