recent paintings and news

recent paintings and news

Monday, May 27, 2013

a sense of place



This happy-and fun!-couple are taking their new painting home after attending Saturday’s open studio event.

 I am always honoured and delighted with those from afar who collect my work as they tell me it enhances their daily life. I am, however, especially moved when collectors close to home make the decision to acquire one of my paintings. They have commented that my work is a connecting sense of place; that it triggers a symbiotic connection with this magic land...this response resonates within my being as an artist and in my daily being.



  July, oil on canvas, 30x36in. Collection of C. Hunt (new acquisition!)



October, oil on canvas, plein air, 10x30in. Collection of R. Melo (new acquisition!)
  
The day itself was wonderful and I had good sales. What took me aback was the people I met who have been following my career and work via my website, blog and other exhibition venues. To those who came to see me, I am deeply grateful and sincerely appreciate your ongoing support. I enjoyed meeting you and engaging in some stimulating conversations with lots of good craic!

A big thank you to Judy Blue Anderson and Michelle Teitsma, artists extraordinaire, for making the event a success. Hugs to Joan, and thanks to Ma Nature for the great weather!


some after-sale antics.


No comments:

Post a Comment