recent paintings and news

recent paintings and news

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

may be



I went out the other day and made two paintings. The first one is below. The second, after working on it for two hours, tore as I was packing up-it was very windy, the canvas was small, it got away from me, became impaled on a branch, and, need I say more?

There's a lot to be said for letting go-whether the`going` is within our control or out. In earlier years I`d work a painting to death, driven by the fear of 'failure' thus admitting`defeat'. Now, a wee bit wiser, I welcome surrender. It is a valued part of life. I want to keep learning.


Actually I might surrender this as well. I liked it in the field but perhaps the sky is a wee bit heavy.

May (be), oil on canvas, 12x40in, 2013



Tied up to prevent a top-over.


No comments:

Post a Comment