recent paintings and news

recent paintings and news

Friday, December 24, 2010

Nollaig shona duit! & residency



'Nollaig shona duit!' 
Happy Christmas!

'Nollaig faoi shéan is faoi shonas duit.'
A prosperous and happy Christmas to you.

I thought these Irish sayings appropriate, having joyfully received an early Christmas gift in the mail: I have been accepted into a residency at the Tyrone Guthrie Centre in Ireland!
Still reeling--more later but now time to celebrate with a pint of Guinness!

May peace and plenty be the first to lift the latch on your door, and happiness be guided to your home by the candle of Christmas.







*

5 comments:

  1. How wonderful! I spent some time checking out the site - looks like a great place to stay, eat, and paint :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be delighted at the opportunity to take a residency at this charming place near Dublin. I had a look at the site and it looks truely wonderful. I thought their residency exchanges looked very interesting. Do let us know more info soon as to when you will be going! your blog is going to be so interesting as you will be very inspired by the emerald isle. I hope you have had a lovely Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! That's really exciting news. And now, to travel AND to paint. Life is good! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on this wonderful opportunity! Waiting to hear all of the details. You will be SO inspired to paint (although its hard to beat our wonderful Niagara Escarpment views)How appropriate to have a Guinness...my favorite beer for winter. I switch to a lighter one for summer. I really enjoyed the monochrome picture. Is it recent?
    Hope your Christmas was great. Now its time to get back to routines!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the residency Jan. I have never been to Ireland. I'm sure you will have an exciting and wonderful time. This is an interesting painting. I love the concentration of dark tone on the horizon.

    ReplyDelete