recent paintings and news

recent paintings and news

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Little January



Movement and rhythm are continuous in our natural world, and often emphasized when caught and controlled. Rows of bound vines continue to tantalize me. While working on this painting (view from my kitchen) I was listening to a CD of Irish poetry a friend had given me. I jokingly told her that my paintings would soon be vineyards on the sea..which got me to thinking perhaps that is the appeal—the movement and rhythm emulating the sea’s continuous ebb and flow.







January
oil on canvas
18x24in, 2011



Little January
Tapped at my door today.
And said, "Put on your winter wraps,
And come outdoors to play."
Little January
Is always full of fun;
Until the set of sun.
Little January
Will stay a month with me
And we will have such jolly times -
Just come along and see.
- Winifred C. Marshall


*

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful joy filled painting with pink feminine touches in the wave areas of the vines. You are dreaming of Ireland a place to travel across the sea too. Happy dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful view to have out your kitchen window! I can only imagine how beautifully it changes with the seasons. You have certainly caught it's winter mood. Well done!

    ReplyDelete