recent paintings and news

recent paintings and news

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

new encaustic work


I've been eating, drinking, and breathing art. The weather has been refreshingly cool, fuelling energy and inspiration. Deadlines do that to me as well-there is a lot to be said for working under pressure. The week has found me painting amidst rows of sky-high corn or ducking out at twilight for some plein air.


I also resumed some encaustic work planned for next weekend’s show. 


For many years vegetables from the garden or pears from abandoned orchards here have been constants my work.  However, I enjoy the challenges of seeing them in new ways and like to present them differently. 

Below is the first of a new series and there are a few more on the go. Fingers crossed that this  energy will keep flowing until they are finished and ready for the Greenbelt Harvest Picnic.




Cayenne 1, encaustic on panel, 4x2x14in, 2012, available 


*

No comments:

Post a Comment