recent paintings and news

recent paintings and news

Monday, August 13, 2012

right as rain


I usually work in our gallery on Sundays but took yesterday off. I wanted to savour it and anticipated an all day outdoor painting excursion.

Of course the weather did not exactly cooperate -the sun was taking a holiday and rain was forecast. I decided to go out anyway and it did rain intermittently but I just waited it out and resumed work when it cleared. It was worth it because I could really observe and become engaged with the sky's changing light and atmospheric effect on the land.






 August (between), Niagara escarpment, plein air, oil/cold wax on canvas, 11x14in, 2012, available


This is the first canvas of the day and I will post the others later.





1 comment:

  1. It does look like you've captured a windswept sky in this one and that pop of red adds to the vitality of the painting.

    ReplyDelete