recent paintings and news

recent paintings and news

Thursday, August 16, 2012

August





I just love August and always seem to be productive with outdoor painting. Interesting how we go (grow) in cycles.


Evidently  my obsession with wild and abandoned fruit trees is still going strong..





August, Niagara Escarpment, oil on canvas, plein air, 24x36in, 2012, available


 I had started this painting last August -below is an image. You will see that I changed it quite considerably.




This  path is right behind the studio that leads into my beloved painting mecca. Right now it is chock full of August--goldenrod, dried grasses and fruit that are trying their best to emerge from unkempt  trees.






1 comment:

  1. I like the jewel tones of those red apples :) Thanks for sharing the photos of your painting place = lovely! Fall will be coming soon with lots of golds and reds, oranges and yellows :)

    ReplyDelete