recent paintings and news

recent paintings and news

Thursday, December 26, 2013

land mark




 land mark 1, milk weed, December 26, 2013


For me there is a breathless energy in working on the land that is very different from making art in a controlled studio environment. 



land mark 2, 3, December 26, 2013



Since my residency in Ireland in 2012, I have become more and more interested in land marks and their impact on those who encounter them.

 run, 2012

 I am compelled to immerse myself in the cycle of growth and decay by making marks on the land in and from the elements. 


 field portal, December 2013

Building three dimensional work intuitively and using only materials available from natural surroundings is a current driving force and I relish the possibilities.


field portal,  December 2012

I am intrigued by the processes happening in nature over time and it’s unpredictability that affects the work. 
 
 limb, 2012

The uncertainty of working with the weather, the connection between land and light, uprooting and unearthing hidden things and hidden life are all catalysts for this  body of work.




No comments:

Post a Comment