recent paintings and news

recent paintings and news

Friday, July 1, 2011

encaustic & quiet conversations (sold)


See how nature - trees, flowers, grass - grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...we need silence to be able to touch souls.
Mother Teresa of Calcutta


A few new encaustics - new series. I have been making wee sketches in the early evenings and will be incorporating them into encaustic as well.

Clearing out my summer studio (garage) has taken priority and now that there is room to roam I will be hosting new encaustic workshops. I love working out there with the door wide open-especially when it rains and storms –I feel like I am right in it but remain dry:)

In the meantime I have been working on a very large painting and it is taking me forever..which is okay but I am starting to get in that obsessive stage i.e. all my waking hours and now even in my dreams. That’s another reason I like to transition after working all day on large paintings- I love the silence in creating at night and seem to get away with it more in the summer months.




Quiet Conversations
encaustic on box
6x8in, 2011
sold





Quiet Conversations
encaustic on box
6x8in, 2011
available

Saying nothing...sometimes says the most.
Emily Dickinson


The world would be happier if men had the same capacity to be silent that they have to speak           
Baruch Spinoza
*my favourite

2 comments:

  1. I like the top artwork Jan it is very pretty and is full of gentle sunshine and a fragile flower. This is a special time of year and it is lovely to hear you speak about being in your new garage workshop working away while the rain falls outside and you are cosy and dry inside. I look forward to seeing the large work in progress. Happy creative summer to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the good wishes Caroline and you are right, it is a special time of year.

    yes, the large work in progress is a going concern-i have 'finished ' it twice-only to start again-exhausting- but am learning along the way

    ReplyDelete