recent paintings and news

recent paintings and news

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Art Theft



In the past six months, 5 of my paintings have been stolen from our gallery-averaging almost one every month. Even though I’ve had to resort to wiring them to the wall, my`collector`has managed to figure out a way to steal them—probably mans himself with wire cutters before visiting.

Well we know who you are Mr----who lives in a city starting with the letter B---and thanks to our new video surveillance system we will be able to prove it upon your next attempt. Since you are such a fan of my work I am going to assume you read my blog. I hope you read it because I would like you to know how hurt and disappointed I am that someone would commit such a cowardly and despicable act.

Do you somehow feel a sense of entitlement, or does it give you a sense of power knowing that you got away with it?  Either way, it is disheartening to know that my work-created honestly –is in your possession-you don’t deserve to have it.

I have included the stolen paintings below. If anyone has seen them I would be very grateful to know the details. I will happily GIVE you one of my paintings (and keep your name confidential)  if your information helps in apprehending this pusillanimous thief.






June,  oil on canvas, 6x6in, 2010, STOLEN






 October, oil on canvas, 9x12in, 2010, STOLEN






 August, oil on canvas, 9x12in, 2009, STOLEN



September, oil on canvas 9x12in, 2010, STOLEN




February, oil on canvas, 6x6in, 2010, STOLEN


*

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jan--What a nightmare. I had a painting stolen off a wall once and remember just how miserable it felt. I can't imagine five. There's just nothing funny or whitty to say. I'm disgusted. Hang in there, we're all with you in spirit. Hope you're successful in your retrieval efforts. Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is TERRIBLE!! Hard to know how to respond to such wickedness, but I think that an imprecatory psalms or two might help. Aside from asking God for some good smiting, I do hope that your thief will be so filled with remorse that he will return the paintings.

    Don't let the bad guys get you down. Just keep making beautiful artwork -- you do make the world a better place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cheap and cowardly thing to do! Like William, there's nothing witty than can be said. This man from "B" is obviously not a true art lover, just a petty thief!!

    LUMUB

    ReplyDelete